Saturday, March 9, 2013

Celestial Honors

Thanks to everyone who voted in the PCAGOE challenge. I am honored that my Celestial Sun and Moon Decorative Eggs tied for first place in the Members Voting category. Here's a link to see the full results: http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-winners.html

I thought it would be nice to share with you one of my favorite entries this month: a delightful sculpture Moon Struck with Stars by Beckie of AuroraClayWorks.

Moon Struck with Stars by Beckie of AuroraClayWorks.
Beckie Fox, a sculptor of more than 35 years from Wasilla, Alaska describes her work as "certified Made in Alaska." So fitting! I love how even though I've never met Beckie, or been to Alaska, I can feel her spirit and the natural spirit of her home in her work. She is the same artist who made the delightful swap ornament with kids sledding that I shared in December. http://www.creativesprinkle.blogspot.com/2012/12/stories-in-polymer.html

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations that your wonderful "Celestial Sun and Moon Decorative Eggs" tied for first place in the PPCAGOE challenge. They are lovely! Thanks for sharing the Moon Struck with Stars. What a special work. I loved her Christmas ornaments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love your eggs, they were super cute. This piece from Beckie is amazing, too. I love his boots. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons